Re: Mac help to install Annatar please!!

  • aranelwen
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "machhezan"
      <machhezan@g...> wrote:
      > I've opened the download (automatic unzipping), so a folder
      > appeared. In this folder there are four ttf-files, which I've put
      > into the folder macintosh HD/library/fonts. Then I could use the
      > fonts e.g. in Apple Works or in any other application.

      I think I need 'Installing Annatar on Mac for dummies'.

      I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
      unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
      the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
      message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

      Now I'm really confused. Your advice sounded like it should
      have worked. Any suggestions?

      Thaedich nin! (er..is there a word for 'please'?)

      Aranelwen~
    • Chris Ruzin
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
        On Feb 3, 2004, at 3:19 PM, aranelwen wrote:

        > I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
        > unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
        > the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
        > message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

        I'm assuming you're using OS X? If so, then all you need to do is copy
        the fonts into either HD/Library/Fonts or ~/Library/Fonts. Then open
        up your favorite text application and switch the font to one of the new
        ones. You might also have to check them out with FontBook. I'm not
        sure if that's necessary though.

        Let us know if you figure it out.

        Chris

        --
        Chris Ruzin
        thatguy@...

      • Peter Arning
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
          First off: GREAT FONT! It's beautiful! I love it!

          Now, for my question:

          Isn't "Annatar" the name Sauron used when he was tricking
          Celebrimbor and the other Elves of Eregion into making the
          Rings of Power?

          Or did you choose it deliberately because of the way it so
          beautifully captures the One Ring lettering?

          Thanks,

          Sardo

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/