Re: Mac help to install Annatar please!!

  • machhezan
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3 1:16 AM
      I've opened the download (automatic unzipping), so a folder
      appeared. In this folder there are four ttf-files, which I've put
      into the folder macintosh HD/library/fonts. Then I could use the
      fonts e.g. in Apple Works or in any other application.

      suilaid
    • Johan Winge
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3 3:41 AM
        On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:00:13 -0000, calwen76 <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

        > Well, you unzip the package and find the pdf document where the
        > process of installation is explained. But it is installed as any
        > other font, I guess.

        I'm afraid that the process of installation on Mac is not explained in the
        documentation, simply because I have no idea myself. (I don't have a Mac).

        -- Johan Winge
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3 4:13 AM
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Johan Winge <johan.winge@t...>
          wrote:
          > I'm afraid that the process of installation on Mac is not explained
          in the
          > documentation, simply because I have no idea myself. (I don't have
          a Mac).

          > -- Johan Winge

          Well, I meant that the installation is nothing special, just a
          commonly known installation - and Mach has provided the way of the
          installation on Mac (see message #3427) which is BMO also a common
          way of installing font as far as I remember from times I used to work
          with Mac. :o)

          Lucy
        • aranelwen
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3 1:19 PM
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "machhezan"
            <machhezan@g...> wrote:
            > I've opened the download (automatic unzipping), so a folder
            > appeared. In this folder there are four ttf-files, which I've put
            > into the folder macintosh HD/library/fonts. Then I could use the
            > fonts e.g. in Apple Works or in any other application.

            I think I need 'Installing Annatar on Mac for dummies'.

            I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
            unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
            the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
            message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

            Now I'm really confused. Your advice sounded like it should
            have worked. Any suggestions?

            Thaedich nin! (er..is there a word for 'please'?)

            Aranelwen~
          • Chris Ruzin
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3 2:03 PM
              On Feb 3, 2004, at 3:19 PM, aranelwen wrote:

              > I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
              > unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
              > the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
              > message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

              I'm assuming you're using OS X? If so, then all you need to do is copy
              the fonts into either HD/Library/Fonts or ~/Library/Fonts. Then open
              up your favorite text application and switch the font to one of the new
              ones. You might also have to check them out with FontBook. I'm not
              sure if that's necessary though.

              Let us know if you figure it out.

              Chris

              --
              Chris Ruzin
              thatguy@...

            • Peter Arning
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4 8:29 AM
                First off: GREAT FONT! It's beautiful! I love it!

                Now, for my question:

                Isn't "Annatar" the name Sauron used when he was tricking
                Celebrimbor and the other Elves of Eregion into making the
                Rings of Power?

                Or did you choose it deliberately because of the way it so
                beautifully captures the One Ring lettering?

                Thanks,

                Sardo

                http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/