Re: Mac help to install Annatar please!!

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aranelwen" <bufflow_uk@y...> wrote:
      > I've downloaded it but have no idea how to install it! I have Adobe
      > Acrobat Reader and Appleworks , of which I use the latter for my
      > word processing.
      > Can anyone help? I'd love to use it (though my hand-done
      > calligraphy has improved of late ;)
      >
      > Aranelwen~

      Well, you unzip the package and find the pdf document where the
      process of installation is explained. But it is installed as any
      other font, I guess.

      Lucy
    • machhezan
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
        I've opened the download (automatic unzipping), so a folder
        appeared. In this folder there are four ttf-files, which I've put
        into the folder macintosh HD/library/fonts. Then I could use the
        fonts e.g. in Apple Works or in any other application.

        suilaid
      • Johan Winge
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
          On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:00:13 -0000, calwen76 <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

          > Well, you unzip the package and find the pdf document where the
          > process of installation is explained. But it is installed as any
          > other font, I guess.

          I'm afraid that the process of installation on Mac is not explained in the
          documentation, simply because I have no idea myself. (I don't have a Mac).

          -- Johan Winge
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Johan Winge <johan.winge@t...>
            wrote:
            > I'm afraid that the process of installation on Mac is not explained
            in the
            > documentation, simply because I have no idea myself. (I don't have
            a Mac).

            > -- Johan Winge

            Well, I meant that the installation is nothing special, just a
            commonly known installation - and Mach has provided the way of the
            installation on Mac (see message #3427) which is BMO also a common
            way of installing font as far as I remember from times I used to work
            with Mac. :o)

            Lucy
          • aranelwen
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "machhezan"
              <machhezan@g...> wrote:
              > I've opened the download (automatic unzipping), so a folder
              > appeared. In this folder there are four ttf-files, which I've put
              > into the folder macintosh HD/library/fonts. Then I could use the
              > fonts e.g. in Apple Works or in any other application.

              I think I need 'Installing Annatar on Mac for dummies'.

              I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
              unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
              the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
              message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

              Now I'm really confused. Your advice sounded like it should
              have worked. Any suggestions?

              Thaedich nin! (er..is there a word for 'please'?)

              Aranelwen~
            • Chris Ruzin
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
                On Feb 3, 2004, at 3:19 PM, aranelwen wrote:

                > I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
                > unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
                > the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
                > message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

                I'm assuming you're using OS X? If so, then all you need to do is copy
                the fonts into either HD/Library/Fonts or ~/Library/Fonts. Then open
                up your favorite text application and switch the font to one of the new
                ones. You might also have to check them out with FontBook. I'm not
                sure if that's necessary though.

                Let us know if you figure it out.

                Chris

                --
                Chris Ruzin
                thatguy@...

              • Peter Arning
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
                  First off: GREAT FONT! It's beautiful! I love it!

                  Now, for my question:

                  Isn't "Annatar" the name Sauron used when he was tricking
                  Celebrimbor and the other Elves of Eregion into making the
                  Rings of Power?

                  Or did you choose it deliberately because of the way it so
                  beautifully captures the One Ring lettering?

                  Thanks,

                  Sardo

                  http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/