Mac help to install Annatar please!!

  • aranelwen
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
      I've downloaded it but have no idea how to install it! I have Adobe
      Acrobat Reader and Appleworks , of which I use the latter for my
      word processing.
      Can anyone help? I'd love to use it (though my hand-done
      calligraphy has improved of late ;)

      Aranelwen~
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "aranelwen" <bufflow_uk@y...> wrote:
        > I've downloaded it but have no idea how to install it! I have Adobe
        > Acrobat Reader and Appleworks , of which I use the latter for my
        > word processing.
        > Can anyone help? I'd love to use it (though my hand-done
        > calligraphy has improved of late ;)
        >
        > Aranelwen~

        Well, you unzip the package and find the pdf document where the
        process of installation is explained. But it is installed as any
        other font, I guess.

        Lucy
      • machhezan
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
          I've opened the download (automatic unzipping), so a folder
          appeared. In this folder there are four ttf-files, which I've put
          into the folder macintosh HD/library/fonts. Then I could use the
          fonts e.g. in Apple Works or in any other application.

          suilaid
        • Johan Winge
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
            On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:00:13 -0000, calwen76 <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

            > Well, you unzip the package and find the pdf document where the
            > process of installation is explained. But it is installed as any
            > other font, I guess.

            I'm afraid that the process of installation on Mac is not explained in the
            documentation, simply because I have no idea myself. (I don't have a Mac).

            -- Johan Winge
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Johan Winge <johan.winge@t...>
              wrote:
              > I'm afraid that the process of installation on Mac is not explained
              in the
              > documentation, simply because I have no idea myself. (I don't have
              a Mac).

              > -- Johan Winge

              Well, I meant that the installation is nothing special, just a
              commonly known installation - and Mach has provided the way of the
              installation on Mac (see message #3427) which is BMO also a common
              way of installing font as far as I remember from times I used to work
              with Mac. :o)

              Lucy
            • aranelwen
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "machhezan"
                <machhezan@g...> wrote:
                > I've opened the download (automatic unzipping), so a folder
                > appeared. In this folder there are four ttf-files, which I've put
                > into the folder macintosh HD/library/fonts. Then I could use the
                > fonts e.g. in Apple Works or in any other application.

                I think I need 'Installing Annatar on Mac for dummies'.

                I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
                unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
                the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
                message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

                Now I'm really confused. Your advice sounded like it should
                have worked. Any suggestions?

                Thaedich nin! (er..is there a word for 'please'?)

                Aranelwen~
              • Chris Ruzin
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
                  On Feb 3, 2004, at 3:19 PM, aranelwen wrote:

                  > I trashed the files and downloaded again, which automatically
                  > unzipped. I went to the HD, found a folder called fonts, tried to put
                  > the four ttf files in there but when I tried to open them I got the
                  > message " cannot be opened as there is no sample for it".

                  I'm assuming you're using OS X? If so, then all you need to do is copy
                  the fonts into either HD/Library/Fonts or ~/Library/Fonts. Then open
                  up your favorite text application and switch the font to one of the new
                  ones. You might also have to check them out with FontBook. I'm not
                  sure if that's necessary though.

                  Let us know if you figure it out.

                  Chris

                  --
                  Chris Ruzin
                  thatguy@...

                • Peter Arning
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
                    First off: GREAT FONT! It's beautiful! I love it!

                    Now, for my question:

                    Isn't "Annatar" the name Sauron used when he was tricking
                    Celebrimbor and the other Elves of Eregion into making the
                    Rings of Power?

                    Or did you choose it deliberately because of the way it so
                    beautifully captures the One Ring lettering?

                    Thanks,

                    Sardo

                    http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/