Re: [elfscript] title page inscription (2 files added)

  • Johan Winge
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 08:15:21 -0000, manesero_elf <manesero_elf@...>
      wrote:

      > top:
      > The Eldarion translated from the Grey Book of Mithlond by Jeffrey
      > Lloyd Rosenfeld.

      It says "eladrion", i.e. the a-tehta should be above óre instead of ando.

      > bottom:
      > Herein is set forth the tale of two Elves and their deeds during the
      > War of the Ring and thereafter, before they set sail for Valinor and
      > departed from this world.

      A dot below rómen in "herein" perhaps? In "Elves" the s-hook obscures the
      underdot, a miss in the design of the font. In "world" you have used a
      hook open to the left. Is there any special reason for that?

      > Many thanx to Johan Winge for the Tengwar Annatar font. I just
      > changed the inscription to it from Tengwar Paramaitë a moment ago
      > because it looks much better.

      I'm glad you liked it! :-) Note though, that some tehtar ideally should be
      changed when switching between the fonts. I'm thinking especially of
      lambe, which in Tengwar Annatar is wide enough to bear the leftmost
      shifted tehtar; this is most evident with the a-tehta, less so with the
      e-tehta.

      Regards,
      Johan Winge