Re: [elfscript] tengw?

  • jonathan wust
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2001
      --- Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@...> wrote:

      >> Well, of course, the meaning i intend: Im searching
      >>a name for a writing system based on
      >> tengwar, but which isnt tengwar, and i thought about
      >>giving it a High Elven name.
      >
      >wow are you making another secondary world or a
      >Tolkien-fan expansionism? :)

      No! I just needed more tyeller (even including the stems enlarged upwards and downwards it wasnt enough), so i included something to the system that looks similar to the esse-tehta. But in no way the system i got can be considered as nice as the real tengwar.

      >tere are words like tengwele and tengwesta, and -a
      >itself! i recommend you advise a more recent wordlist
      >now (on line, or even the etymologies)

      Thank you very much. Ill choose _tengwesta_ because it sounds really good to me. Its sound remains me the diffrence between the Spanish words _hijo_ (son) and _hijastro_ (stepson) - which fits perfectly with the meaning i intend. I dont think ill have checked out any wordlists, i just trust you.

      thanx again a lot

      choni

      Free eMail .... the way it should be....
      http://www.hablas.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2001

         >tere are words like tengwele and tengwesta, and -a

        >itself! i recommend you advise a more recent wordlist
        >now (on line, or even the etymologies)

        >> Thank you very much. Ill choose _tengwesta_ because it sounds really good to me. Its sound remains me the diffrence between the Spanish words _hijo_ (son) and _hijastro_ (stepson) - which fits perfectly with the meaning i intend. I dont think ill have checked out any wordlists, i just trust you.

        ** I don't remember my original post (has been long ago), but tengwesta means "grammar".. I think I gave you these words as examples of words derived from the stem tengw-

        since you mentioned the difference, it is time to mention that tengwa and tengwesta reminds me of the same analogy with greek "gramma" (letter) and "grammatikee" (grammar) :)