Tengwar digits

  • Michael Everson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 5:49 AM
      Can anyone supply me with a photocopy or PDF of the Quettar publication(s)
      which described the digits? Måns says there was a special publication, but
      I heard somewhere that there were two other articles. Maybe the special
      publication combined the two?

      Michael Everson ** Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.egt.ie
      Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169
    • Dan Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 21 8:23 PM
        >Michael Everson wrote:
        >> Can anyone supply me with a photocopy or PDF of the Quettar publication(s)
        >> which described the digits?
        >Måns Björkman wrote:
        >There is a PostScript file that summarizes the article at the TolkLang
        >web page <http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/misc/local/TolkLang>.

        "http://www.geocities.com/fontwizard/tengnum.zip" (170K)
        This ZIP file contains TIF images (easily inserted into most
        word processing programs) showing:
        1) Quettar Special publication No. 1 (Sept. 1987), pages 1 and 4.
        2) Beyond Bree, (Dec. 1984), page 1, containing a reprint from
        Quettar, No. 13 (Feb 1982), containing a note from CJRT dated
        16 May 1981.
        I hope that this helps. If desired, I can convert the TIFs to PDFs
        early next week.

        My questions are (may have already been asked):
        a) Will Tengwar from passages edited and published by CJRT be
        included in Mr Everson proposal? Such as title page
        inscriptions.
        b) Will the Tengwar proposal include the additional characters
        used in Tolkien's Old-English mode? (I didn't see them in
        the character chart.)

        I will continue to examine the proposal and hope to supply this
        group with additional comments next week.

        A warm thank you to everyone contributing to this endeavor.
        (Especially to Michael and Måns!)

        --
        Daniel S. Smith - Fantasy Fonts for Windows
        email: fontmaster@...