Re: Hail!

  • graham@jumpspace.org.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2001
      --- In elfscript@y..., "Harri Perälä" <harri.perala@l...> wrote:

      > The tengwar spelling looks good as far as I can

      Thanks for your help with this I'm glad I'm there or there abouts on
      my first attempt.

      > _Serya_: isn't the verb _ser-_ ( _serin_ under SED in Etym)? In that
      > case I think the imperative would be _aa sere_ or _sera_.

      Impressive. How do you know this? Is there a text that I've missed -
      or is it in the LOTR appendices?

      > _Oromarde_ should be _oromardi_, if you specifically want the plural
      > "halls".

      Actually Hall will be fine - again how do you know about the plural
      rules? You're an elf aren't you...

      > If a direct translation of the English text is intended, _Hiswamar_
      > should be in the possessive (or the genitive?) case, I think.
      > _Hiswamarwa_?

      Blimey. I'm glad I posted! Same question applies.

      > Otherwise it looks ok to my untrained eye.

      I am not worthy :-) I didn't know about the elfling list thanks for
      the pointer Harri.

      I have much to learn.

      Graham
    • Harri Perälä
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 27, 2001
        graham@... wrote:

        > Impressive. How do you know this?

        Much of the information I just looked up in Helge Fauskanger's Quenya
        course. It is available from his website: http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf

        Other useful pointers you can find in the Elfling FAQ.

        --
        Harri Perälä perala@... http://www.sci.fi/%7ealboin/