VT45

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
      Could anyone who possesses VT45 confirm/overcome that the tengwa in
      the entry ANÁR-, pg. 6 is noldo, please? Is the stem raised or
      shortened?

      Thanks, Lucy
    • Arden R. Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
        Lucy (Calwen Rudh) wrote:

        >Could anyone who possesses VT45 confirm/overcome that the tengwa in
        >the entry ANÁR-, pg. 6 is noldo, please? Is the stem raised or
        >shortened?

        The letter in the entry for ANÁR is a simple telco; I assume that you
        meant the tengwa in the entry for ANGA|. It is indeed the letter
        that is called _noldo_ in Appendix E. And no, it's not a mistake;
        compare the letter _umbar_ in the entry for MBARAT-, which has the
        form of what Appendix E calls _malta_.

        I'm glad that someone finally noticed that there's some weird stuff
        going on in the tengwar in the "Addenda and Corrigenda to the
        _Etymologies_"! Explication is forthcoming in VT 46!

        Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

        Perilme metto aimaktur perperienta.
        --Elvish proverb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Arden R. Smith" <erilaz@e...>
          wrote:
          > The letter in the entry for ANÁR is a simple telco; I assume that
          you meant the tengwa in the entry for ANGA|.
          Oh, sure. I assumed that this "bit of illegility" was due to
          Tolkien's hasty writing. I first thought it was anga (for the place
          it is written in). But then I saw other "discrepancies" of such and
          stopped thinking this was just a mere hasteness.

          It is indeed the letter
          > that is called _noldo_ in Appendix E. And no, it's not a mistake;
          > compare the letter _umbar_ in the entry for MBARAT-, which has the
          > form of what Appendix E calls _malta_.
          Yap, I saw it...

          Looking forward VT46!!! Mainly to that part about Tengwar.

          Thanks, Lucy