Re: Yet another translation for a tattoo...

  • elimloth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "mandacat98" <mandacat98@y...>
      wrote:
      > Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
      > helping me?
      >
      > Mandacat
      [...]

      Search for 'transcriber' in these archives.

      Elimoth
    • mandacat98
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
        So I dowloaded Dan Smith's Tengwar fonts, but I am apparently so
        computer illiterate that I am having trouble using the stinking
        thing! If anyone can explain it in plain English, I would appreciate
        it. Especially if anyone has the font themselves and is experienced
        with it. I want to say that I translated it into Tengwar myself, so
        I am not looking for someone to do it for me...But I really need help!

        Mandacat

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "elimloth" <draco@s...> wrote:
        > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "mandacat98" <mandacat98@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
        > > helping me?
        > >
        > > Mandacat
        > [...]
        >
        > Search for 'transcriber' in these archives.
        >
        > Elimoth
      • Harri Perälä
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14, 2004
          mandacat98 wrote:

          > So I dowloaded Dan Smith's Tengwar fonts, but I am apparently so
          > computer illiterate that I am having trouble using the stinking
          > thing! If anyone can explain it in plain English, I would appreciate
          > it.

          How far have you gotten? If you have trouble getting the fonts
          installed, the links at
          http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm#installing may help. If
          the problem is with figuring out the keymapping, I think Dan Smith's own
          help file does a good job in explaining it all. I have also tried
          explaining the basic idea at
          http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm#aboutthetengwar , but I'm
          not sure if I managed to write plain English or not. If you can
          formulate a more specific question, we can maybe give more helpful answers.

          Harri Perälä