Re: Yet another translation for a tattoo...

  • mandacat98
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
      Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
      helping me?

      Mandacat

      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "mandacat98" <mandacat98@y...>
      wrote:
      > I am new to the group, and was directed here through my search for
      > translations. My first tattoo has to be special, and I finally
      found
      > the quote that I want:
      >
      > "All that is gold does not glitter,
      > Not all those who wander are lost."
      >
      > I found it translated as:
      >
      > Laurea ilqua la rilya,
      > La vanwa i ranya ilquen.
      >
      > I love the Elvish script, but I can't find a font or a website that
      > will help me put this beautiful language into the script I would
      > like. Can anyone help? I have seen threads like this before, but
      > when it is typed out, the characters just look like gibberish to
      me.
      > Oh please, oh please, oh please....
      >
      > Namarie,
      > Mandacat
    • elimloth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
        wrote:
        > Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
        > helping me?
        >
        > Mandacat
        [...]

        Search for 'transcriber' in these archives.

        Elimoth
      • mandacat98
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
          So I dowloaded Dan Smith's Tengwar fonts, but I am apparently so
          computer illiterate that I am having trouble using the stinking
          thing! If anyone can explain it in plain English, I would appreciate
          it. Especially if anyone has the font themselves and is experienced
          with it. I want to say that I translated it into Tengwar myself, so
          I am not looking for someone to do it for me...But I really need help!

          Mandacat

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "elimloth" <draco@s...> wrote:
          > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "mandacat98" <mandacat98@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
          > > helping me?
          > >
          > > Mandacat
          > [...]
          >
          > Search for 'transcriber' in these archives.
          >
          > Elimoth
        • Harri Perälä
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2004
            mandacat98 wrote:

            > So I dowloaded Dan Smith's Tengwar fonts, but I am apparently so
            > computer illiterate that I am having trouble using the stinking
            > thing! If anyone can explain it in plain English, I would appreciate
            > it.

            How far have you gotten? If you have trouble getting the fonts
            installed, the links at
            http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm#installing may help. If
            the problem is with figuring out the keymapping, I think Dan Smith's own
            help file does a good job in explaining it all. I have also tried
            explaining the basic idea at
            http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm#aboutthetengwar , but I'm
            not sure if I managed to write plain English or not. If you can
            formulate a more specific question, we can maybe give more helpful answers.

            Harri Perälä