Re: [elfscript] Lazy elf: addenda

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

       >(mode of beleriand) parma, yanta, anga (with tilde), anna, roomen. yanta, anto, yanta, lambe, lambe, yanta, oore

      I meant bar, not tilde

      > I think Tolkien would write your name like ando-a tehta, roomen, short carrier with e tehta above and i tehta below it...

      ** there must be also a bar between ando and the a tehta..

    • DDanielA@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001
        Another way to write ANDREI with tengwar, based on the 'Westron'
        (actually English) portion of the King's Letter, is as follows:

        vilya - ando with nasal bar above it - rómen - yanta with two dots
        above it.

        Cuio mae, Danny.
      • DDanielA@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001
          Gildor Inglorion gave the transliteration for 'quingwar' as:

          quesse-i tehta, anga, wilya-a tehta...

          Surely it should rather be:

          quesse - i tehta (single dot), ungwe - a tehta (triple dot), óre.

          Wouldn't you agree?

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

            Surely it should rather be:

            quesse - i tehta (single dot), ungwe - a tehta (triple dot), σre.

            Wouldn't you agree?

            ** of course!! its hard to write tengwar without tengwar, isnt it? :))