Re: [elfscript] Lazy elf

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

      Hi,

         Does anyone out there know how to spell "elven archer" in tengwar
      letters, preferrably in quenya and not just transliterated

      ** hi!!

      Quenya: quingwar eldarin(wa) i am not sure if -wa must be used though..

      I am also to lazy to make an image for you to see so follow instructions:

      quesse-i tehta, anga, wilya-a tehta... short carrier-e tehta, alda-a tehta, roomen-i tehta, nuumen, (wilya-a tehta)

      Sindarin: pengor edhellen

      (mode of beleriand) parma, yanta, anga (with tilde), anna, roomen. yanta, anto, yanta, lambe, lambe, yanta, oore

      > from

      English (although that will do). As for transliteration, also wanted
      to know how to write my name - Andrei. Sorry, am feeling too lazy to
      go through all the studying process.
         Many thanks in advance.

      I think Tolkien would write your name like ando-a tehta, roomen, short carrier with e tehta above and i tehta below it...

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

         >(mode of beleriand) parma, yanta, anga (with tilde), anna, roomen. yanta, anto, yanta, lambe, lambe, yanta, oore

        I meant bar, not tilde

        > I think Tolkien would write your name like ando-a tehta, roomen, short carrier with e tehta above and i tehta below it...

        ** there must be also a bar between ando and the a tehta..

      • DDanielA@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001
          Another way to write ANDREI with tengwar, based on the 'Westron'
          (actually English) portion of the King's Letter, is as follows:

          vilya - ando with nasal bar above it - rómen - yanta with two dots
          above it.

          Cuio mae, Danny.
        • DDanielA@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001
            Gildor Inglorion gave the transliteration for 'quingwar' as:

            quesse-i tehta, anga, wilya-a tehta...

            Surely it should rather be:

            quesse - i tehta (single dot), ungwe - a tehta (triple dot), óre.

            Wouldn't you agree?

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

              Surely it should rather be:

              quesse - i tehta (single dot), ungwe - a tehta (triple dot), σre.

              Wouldn't you agree?

              ** of course!! its hard to write tengwar without tengwar, isnt it? :))