Re: [elfscript] Yet another translation for a tattoo...

  • mizzd/lotrrulz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2004
      i would like to get a elvish tattoo but i want the writing as well as the meaning i need a little help figuring out what i want as far a the right things

    • mandacat98
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
        Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
        helping me?

        Mandacat

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "mandacat98" <mandacat98@y...>
        wrote:
        > I am new to the group, and was directed here through my search for
        > translations. My first tattoo has to be special, and I finally
        found
        > the quote that I want:
        >
        > "All that is gold does not glitter,
        > Not all those who wander are lost."
        >
        > I found it translated as:
        >
        > Laurea ilqua la rilya,
        > La vanwa i ranya ilquen.
        >
        > I love the Elvish script, but I can't find a font or a website that
        > will help me put this beautiful language into the script I would
        > like. Can anyone help? I have seen threads like this before, but
        > when it is typed out, the characters just look like gibberish to
        me.
        > Oh please, oh please, oh please....
        >
        > Namarie,
        > Mandacat
      • elimloth
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
          wrote:
          > Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
          > helping me?
          >
          > Mandacat
          [...]

          Search for 'transcriber' in these archives.

          Elimoth
        • mandacat98
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
            So I dowloaded Dan Smith's Tengwar fonts, but I am apparently so
            computer illiterate that I am having trouble using the stinking
            thing! If anyone can explain it in plain English, I would appreciate
            it. Especially if anyone has the font themselves and is experienced
            with it. I want to say that I translated it into Tengwar myself, so
            I am not looking for someone to do it for me...But I really need help!

            Mandacat

            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "elimloth" <draco@s...> wrote:
            > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "mandacat98" <mandacat98@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > Am I being unclear about what I need or is no one interested in
            > > helping me?
            > >
            > > Mandacat
            > [...]
            >
            > Search for 'transcriber' in these archives.
            >
            > Elimoth
          • Harri Perälä
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 14, 2004
              mandacat98 wrote:

              > So I dowloaded Dan Smith's Tengwar fonts, but I am apparently so
              > computer illiterate that I am having trouble using the stinking
              > thing! If anyone can explain it in plain English, I would appreciate
              > it.

              How far have you gotten? If you have trouble getting the fonts
              installed, the links at
              http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm#installing may help. If
              the problem is with figuring out the keymapping, I think Dan Smith's own
              help file does a good job in explaining it all. I have also tried
              explaining the basic idea at
              http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm#aboutthetengwar , but I'm
              not sure if I managed to write plain English or not. If you can
              formulate a more specific question, we can maybe give more helpful answers.

              Harri Perälä