Re: [elfscript] Translation Help

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2003
      > Is there anyway of translating at least the first part?
      > "Love is not a feeling, it's a verb"
      > The words seems quite common to me right?

      I can't think of a good _Sindarin_ translation not involving wild
      extrapolation. In Quenya, only the word "verb" would be missing. If
      _carquetta_, which could mean something like "action-word", is good enough
      for you, then you may try:

      _Melme ume felme, nas carquetta_

      Not really true in grammatical terms, though -- for in Quenya, _melme_
      "love" IS a noun not a verb! The verb "love" is _mel-_! :)

      I guess the next question, more on-topic, is how to write this in Tengwar?

      - HKF