Lazy elf

  • pachanka@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001
      Hi,
      Does anyone out there know how to spell "elven archer" in tengwar
      letters, preferrably in quenya and not just transliterated from
      English (although that will do). As for transliteration, also wanted
      to know how to write my name - Andrei. Sorry, am feeling too lazy to
      go through all the studying process.
      Many thanks in advance.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

        Hi,

           Does anyone out there know how to spell "elven archer" in tengwar
        letters, preferrably in quenya and not just transliterated

        ** hi!!

        Quenya: quingwar eldarin(wa) i am not sure if -wa must be used though..

        I am also to lazy to make an image for you to see so follow instructions:

        quesse-i tehta, anga, wilya-a tehta... short carrier-e tehta, alda-a tehta, roomen-i tehta, nuumen, (wilya-a tehta)

        Sindarin: pengor edhellen

        (mode of beleriand) parma, yanta, anga (with tilde), anna, roomen. yanta, anto, yanta, lambe, lambe, yanta, oore

        > from

        English (although that will do). As for transliteration, also wanted
        to know how to write my name - Andrei. Sorry, am feeling too lazy to
        go through all the studying process.
           Many thanks in advance.

        I think Tolkien would write your name like ando-a tehta, roomen, short carrier with e tehta above and i tehta below it...

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

           >(mode of beleriand) parma, yanta, anga (with tilde), anna, roomen. yanta, anto, yanta, lambe, lambe, yanta, oore

          I meant bar, not tilde

          > I think Tolkien would write your name like ando-a tehta, roomen, short carrier with e tehta above and i tehta below it...

          ** there must be also a bar between ando and the a tehta..

        • DDanielA@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001
            Another way to write ANDREI with tengwar, based on the 'Westron'
            (actually English) portion of the King's Letter, is as follows:

            vilya - ando with nasal bar above it - rómen - yanta with two dots
            above it.

            Cuio mae, Danny.
          • DDanielA@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001
              Gildor Inglorion gave the transliteration for 'quingwar' as:

              quesse-i tehta, anga, wilya-a tehta...

              Surely it should rather be:

              quesse - i tehta (single dot), ungwe - a tehta (triple dot), óre.

              Wouldn't you agree?

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 23, 2001

                Surely it should rather be:

                quesse - i tehta (single dot), ungwe - a tehta (triple dot), σre.

                Wouldn't you agree?

                ** of course!! its hard to write tengwar without tengwar, isnt it? :))