Short message from a desperate human

  • Adsis Yerbas Buenas - Chile
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
      (NOTE: I`m ashamed of my english, so please be merciful)

      Dear Elf Masters:

      From a distant world beyond Aman called Chile, more specifically from the sylvan city of Valdivia I cry for help. I just wanna know if someone could tell me (and I apologize for my ignorance, cause I`m not really as erudite as all of you) how should I write in quenya (or sindarin, if you like best) the following sentence:

      I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A SOUL

      One of your high race, known as Helge K. Fauskanger, allready helped me (thank you very much) and sent me this:

      Voro Sácean Fëa (that would be CONTINUALLY LOOKING FOR A SOUL, and its just fine)

      I ask for one of you beautiful people to tell me how do I write it with the tengwar. I have the respective font for the Microsoft Word, but I`d like a second (and third) opinion, because I`m thinking on a tatoo and I want to be sure of what it says. So if someone could send me a GIF archive it would be great.

      Thank you all anyway for the reading.

      GUAYEC
    • Johan Winge
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
        At 12:14 2001-11-03 -0600, Adsis Yerbas Buenas wrote:
        >Voro Sácean Fëa

        Perhaps something like this?
        http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/voro.png

        By the way, your English is quite good -- the only thing you should be
        ashamed of is posting in HTML! Shame on you!

        Just kidding... ;-)

        Regards,
        -- Johan Winge
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
          > wrote:
          > >Voro Sαcean Fλa
          >
          > Perhaps something like this?
          > http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/voro.png

          i have an comment.. you wrote voro with ampa, while it
          would need vala... ampa has the value of v in sindarin mode

        • Johan Winge
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2001
            At 02:23 2001-11-04 +0000, you wrote:
            >> wrote:
            >> >Voro Sácean Fëa
            >>
            >> Perhaps something like this?
            >> http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/voro.png
            >
            >i have an comment.. you wrote voro with ampa, while it
            >would need vala... ampa has the value of v in sindarin mode

            Ah, yes... Oops! I had been writing some Sindarin recently, thus the
            confusion... Hopefully he hasn't done the tatoo yet! :-/

            Better now?
            http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/voro2.png

            Regards,
            -- Johan Winge
          • gildir_1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 10, 2001
              --- In elfscript@y..., Johan Winge <johan.winge@t...> wrote:

              > Ah, yes... Oops! I had been writing some Sindarin recently, thus the
              > confusion... Hopefully he hasn't done the tatoo yet! :-/
              >
              > Better now?
              > http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/voro2.png

              Looks good. Nice calligraphy too. By the way,
              a guide for writing Quenya with Tengwar is available on:

              http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html

              Suilaid,
              Gildir, Per Lindberg