help please

  • djchup27
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2003
      can someone with good knowledge please translate what this means
      into english and please tell me what kind of language it is in.
      tengwar or something else..

      thanks
      chuppy

      its in the photos page...
    • mach
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 2003
        chuppy wrote:
        > can someone with good knowledge please translate what this means
        > into english and please tell me what kind of language it is in.
        > tengwar or something else..

        No need for translation, because the language actually is English. It's
        appearently meant to say: "Live the present moment".

        But it's full of mistakes. The most important (the less tolerable): The
        person who composed it seems to have worked with the Quenya mode, which
        isn't appropiate for English. Every vowel tehta is placed on a short
        carrier, which is wrong. The sound of _th_ is spelled with _t + h_, which is
        wrong.

        It should be something like this:

        jr%( @ q7iR1pR tt^1pR

        (copy this to a text application and display it in a tengwar font, e.g. in
        the a tengwar font of Dan Smith which can be found at Dan Smith's page)

        suilaid
        mach
      • Chuppy Celdran
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 2003
          thanks for your help, the catch is that i do not know how to do them yet....im still kinda new here....but the meaning is right so whoever translated it was right...the only prob is what?? you think you can help me translate the new one into something like what i posted thanks
          chuppy
          > can someone with good knowledge please translate what this means
          > into english and please tell me what kind of language it is in.
          > tengwar or something else..

          No need for translation, because the language actually is English. It's
          appearently meant to say: "Live the present moment".

          But it's full of mistakes. The most important (the less tolerable): The
          person who composed it seems to have worked with the Quenya mode, which
          isn't appropiate for English. Every vowel tehta is placed on a short
          carrier, which is wrong. The sound of _th_ is spelled with _t + h_, which is
          wrong.

          It should be something like this:

          jr%( @ q7iR1pR tt^1pR

          (copy this to a text application and display it in a tengwar font, e.g. in
          the a tengwar font of Dan Smith which can be found at Dan Smith's page)

          suilaid
          mach

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • colinbdyck
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
            hi,
            my name is colin, i just found out last weekend that in odrer to
            write
            somthing in elvish yuo had trasscribe and chose modes and kind of
            elvish you want...i'm wanting to get my wives elvish name tattoo'd
            under my ring....and i thoguth that i could just type out her name
            "sarah" into word with a sindrin tengwar font on and prestio!, so i
            fond some websites and found out her name in quenya in "Aranel"
            than i
            decided on a "mode" i would like to use and that was Mode of Gondor
            becasue i really like the vowel marks it makes. from there i tried
            transcribe it, so that when i type it out on my keyboard it will
            spell
            it properly....thats where i got really confised, i was able to get
            the same outcome using the programs "tengscribe" and "dragon
            flame", i
            was just wondering if I could email my outcome to someone and have
            them tell me if that infact says "aranel" witch is Sarah....the
            reason
            i got so confused becasue i was reading that you when you type it
            its
            an alein setup and words can look like this "1h}4d]"
            any help would be greatly appreachiated
            -cbdyck
          • Palatinus
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
              --- colinbdyck <colinbdyck@...> έγραψε:

              > Sarah....the
              > reason
              > i got so confused becasue i was reading that you
              > when you type it
              > its
              > an alein setup and words can look like this "1h}4d]"
              > any help would be greatly appreachiated

              Don't get confused. Since tengwar are not a script
              compatible to Roman/Latin/English etc, font makers use
              an original arrangement on the keyboard, using even
              numbers, symbols and other non-typable characters for
              the letters, otherwise they wouldn't fit.

              In order to help us check your attempt, just type in
              your next mail this 'code' you see EXACTLY AS IT IS,
              with capital and miniscule letters.

              Good job so far!!!!

              Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;