Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo :-)

  • Toffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001
      Erucoli[nd]o nan, tulin germandorello a nan is teki germano a franco
      a khanquetta isimbarello Giissen.

      I'm Christopher, I come from Germany and am a student of German and
      French literature and linguistics at the University of Giessen.
      (Hope that translation was right - feel free to correct me)

      I read the Hobbit and then LotR back when I was 10, the Silmarillion
      following shortly afterwards, as well as the MERP role-playing game
      when I was 13. Since some months, I try to dive into the secrets of
      the Tengwar and 'the language', Quenya. I have written a german mode
      for them, 'cause the existing modes I saw in the web didn't suit me
      and I wanted a stronger dependance on the Quenya mode. So, here it
      is, as a gift of arrival in this group, sort of. :-)

      I II III IV
      1 t p t[sch] k plus [ts], [ks] and [kw]
      2 d b ung g
      3 Þ f(v) sch [x]
      4 ð w j* [ç] *: like in 'beige'
      5 n m ñ [ng]* *: no g audible
      6 r¹ v y nd ¹: preconsonantic r
      Plus
      7 r² r³ l ld ²: prevocalic r, ³: rolled r
      8 ss ss s s
      9 h ä[ae] ü[ue]
      10 h* ö[oe] pf *: unvoiced h

      Vocals are set as tehtar,
      Tehtar over 9III, 9IV and 10II build the diphtongs
      ei[ai], äu/eu/[oi], ui.
      The normal signs for consonant doubling, +w, +s, +y (also used as +ü
      [ue]), as well as normal punctuation and numbering are used.

      I will make a .gif some of these days and put it online, when I
      finished it, I will post the adress here.

      --
      Namarie,
      Erucolindo