Re: [elfscript] sindarin numerals

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2001
      > I see that there are separate words for 11 an 12
      > in sindarin- minig
      > and uiug. Then, is there a number called pae-a-minig
      > or pae-a-uiug?

      using decimal system, you dont employ minig and uiug
      in your formations.. pae-a-uiug sounds strange...

      counting in duodecimal you can replace pae with uiug:
      uiug-a-min, uiug-a-tad, uiug-a-nel ... uiug-a-pae,
      uiug-a-minig,..

      > If not its not a duodecimal system at all then!!
      > Because in that system, we have 12 digits; that
      > means between 10 and
      > 20 or between 20 and 30 there are 12 numbers.Is it
      > so?

      yes, but elvish numbers are used in both systems..
      depends on which you are referring to..