sindarin numerals

  • kedarnath_r@rediffmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2001
      hi,
      I see that there are separate words for 11 an 12 in sindarin- minig
      and uiug. Then, is there a number called pae-a-minig or pae-a-uiug?
      If not its not a duodecimal system at all then!!
      Because in that system, we have 12 digits; that means between 10 and
      20 or between 20 and 30 there are 12 numbers.Is it so?

      Kedarnath
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2001
        > I see that there are separate words for 11 an 12
        > in sindarin- minig
        > and uiug. Then, is there a number called pae-a-minig
        > or pae-a-uiug?

        using decimal system, you dont employ minig and uiug
        in your formations.. pae-a-uiug sounds strange...

        counting in duodecimal you can replace pae with uiug:
        uiug-a-min, uiug-a-tad, uiug-a-nel ... uiug-a-pae,
        uiug-a-minig,..

        > If not its not a duodecimal system at all then!!
        > Because in that system, we have 12 digits; that
        > means between 10 and
        > 20 or between 20 and 30 there are 12 numbers.Is it
        > so?

        yes, but elvish numbers are used in both systems..
        depends on which you are referring to..

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2001