Re: [elfscript] Re: Tengwar

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 14, 2000
      Robert Brady wrote:

      > Have the committes of ISO and Unicode responsible for such matters
      > approved, in principle, to the encoding of Tengwar (and Cirth) in the UCS?

      They neither approve nor disapprove until a specific proposal is in hand.
      What we are doing is refining the draft of such a proposal.

      --

      Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@...>
      Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 15, 2001
        http://www.anu.edu.au/asianstudies/hindi/alphabet/

        http://www.ajeyabharat.com/slogans_hindi.html

        For ideas on what it looks like, for possible comparison with
        Tengwar..

        I do know that many of the lingos of India, and SE and to a degree NE
        of India are based on fully or partially on the script that Sanskrit
        used.. Some are harder to tell the origin, especially by the time you
        get to Java and their script is very curvy.

        Mike
      • Nicole Mate
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 13, 2004
          Hi,
          I know you all get annoyed by random translation requests, but I need a little help. I have a phrase translated into Sindarian and Quenya and I need each transcribed into Tengwar (and actually, if anyone has time, could you check the translations I have - I am almost positive they're right, but you never know). I have tried in so many different places to transcribe these or download a font, but nothing I am doing seems to work. If any of you can help me, or tell me what I can do to do it myself, I would be incredibly grateful. Thanks! The phrase is �see my pain�, here are the translations I already have.
          Quenya - � cen� nwalmenya or c�n� naicenya
          Sindarian - ceno naeg n�n. or ceno i naeg n�n.

          Once again, Thank you!