Elvish Sindarin Fonts

  • Antoine Khater
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Dear all:

      I've been on this group for just a few days and I have now downloaded
      tanguare sindarin fonts, but I am looking for fonts that will be more
      Calligraphic, I dunno if you can see what I mean but I want Tanguare
      Sindarin fonts that will look like the one on the Ring in LOTR not just
      elvish characters, is this available?

      Regards,

    • lierontaure
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Antoine Khater <tony@m...> wrote:
        > I want Tanguare Sindarin fonts that will look like the one on the
        > Ring in LOTR not just elvish characters, is this available?

        The font that I have is based on the look of the inscription on the
        One Ring, which by the way, is written with elvish characters, they
        just don't represent the elvish language in this case. The font is
        called Tengwar Cursive, and I got it here...
        http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwar.htm

        Also, be aware that of all the elvish fonts available, none of the
        elvish characters directly correspond to the letters on your keyboard.

        Hope that helps you,
        E. L.