Re: [elfscript] Greetings

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2001
      --- andromeda63130@... wrote:
      > Hello I'm new to the list. I live in Missouri. I am
      > a college student
      > and I love languages. I want to learn to read and
      > write Tengwar. I am
      > looking forward to my time here with all of you.

      welcome Andromeda or whatever... you can read about
      tengwar in Appendix E, but since you are here you have
      either read it already or you have the unappendiced
      version :)

      anyway, I recommend the
      http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
      site to learn the 2-3 major tengwar modes

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Onyx Elf
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2004
        Suilad;

        I'm new to this group and thought I would say hello...

        I've been looking into the Tengwar Quenya mode primarily. I have an
        interest in the Sarati as well.

        I've been looking for word lists so I can compose a name translation,
        however, I am at a loss. I have used 'Hrafn Nordhri' for some time
        now. Hrafn meaning Raven in Icelandic/Old Norse and Nordhri meaning
        North in the same tongue(s).

        The overall meaning I am aiming for would encompass 'Raven in the
        North' however, I am having some trouble with this.

        I know you kind folks get hammered by requests for name translations
        all the time, and I would prefer to learn to make my own translation.
        Mind you, I could use some help here.

        If anyone has the time to lead me in the right direction, that would
        be wonderful. Once I have a translation I like and can pronounce I
        will hash out the Tengwar or, perhaps the Sarati.

        Namárie!