Greetings

  • andromeda63130@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2001
      Hello I'm new to the list. I live in Missouri. I am a college student
      and I love languages. I want to learn to read and write Tengwar. I am
      looking forward to my time here with all of you.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2001
        --- andromeda63130@... wrote:
        > Hello I'm new to the list. I live in Missouri. I am
        > a college student
        > and I love languages. I want to learn to read and
        > write Tengwar. I am
        > looking forward to my time here with all of you.

        welcome Andromeda or whatever... you can read about
        tengwar in Appendix E, but since you are here you have
        either read it already or you have the unappendiced
        version :)

        anyway, I recommend the
        http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
        site to learn the 2-3 major tengwar modes

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Onyx Elf
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 23 4:40 AM
          Suilad;

          I'm new to this group and thought I would say hello...

          I've been looking into the Tengwar Quenya mode primarily. I have an
          interest in the Sarati as well.

          I've been looking for word lists so I can compose a name translation,
          however, I am at a loss. I have used 'Hrafn Nordhri' for some time
          now. Hrafn meaning Raven in Icelandic/Old Norse and Nordhri meaning
          North in the same tongue(s).

          The overall meaning I am aiming for would encompass 'Raven in the
          North' however, I am having some trouble with this.

          I know you kind folks get hammered by requests for name translations
          all the time, and I would prefer to learn to make my own translation.
          Mind you, I could use some help here.

          If anyone has the time to lead me in the right direction, that would
          be wonderful. Once I have a translation I like and can pronounce I
          will hash out the Tengwar or, perhaps the Sarati.

          Namárie!