Re: silly question

  • Calwen Rudh
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "thylotiel" <toniadomiel@h...>
      wrote:
      > I recently downloaded a Tengwar script onto my computer, and it
      > works just fine, but is there some sort of...code one uses when
      > writing in Tengwar? The directions have proven a bit confusing,
      and
      > things such as using 'E'.-E' to type a word make little sense to
      > me. Am I terribly ignorant? Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

      Well, if you have downloaded Daniel Smith's font from
      http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/tengwar/index.htm, you
      should have a zip file that includes also a Keyboard Map.
      The layout of Tengwar letters is a bit different than what you have
      on your keyboard, e.g. the tengwa _uure_ is mostly written typing the
      dot on your keyboard.
      If you see such wierd transcription like tjFj5^, it should be a word
      _mellon_ written in Sindarin Tengwar (but I wrote it from memory so I
      am not sure). You can just copy this "nonsense" and paste to a Word
      Editor and put it into the SIndarin Tengwar mode, you should get the
      right word.

      Hope I helped.