Re: [elfscript] memento mori

  • Johanna Pfleger
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2003
      On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:56:35 -0000, thylotiel <toniadomiel@...>
      wrote:

      > I've constructed the mantra 'Memento Mori' into Tengwar using the Tengwar
      > alphabet (Sindarin), and I have a few questions. I used _malta_ to begin,
      > followed by the 'e' _malta_ 'e' and 'n' I found on the website
      > http://www.omniglot.com/writing/tengwar.htm, then _tinco_ followed by the
      > 'o'. For the 'Mori' bit I continued with _malta_ 'o' and then _ore_ for
      > the 'r', as it's followed by a vowel, 'i'.

      Aiya!
      This looks quite coorect. Only for "r" you should use _rómen_ because it is
      followed by a vowel.

      If you want to type tengwar on your computer you have to download tengwar
      fonts, for example at
      http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/
      if you have put these font files into your "fonts" folder, you should be
      able to use them for example with Microsoft Word.
      You could download the "Tengwar Scribe" program:
      http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at or some other software.

      Namárie; Johanna ;)