Tengwar Tattoo

  • Geir Ivar Rognan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi. My name is Geir Ivar (first name) Rognan (last name), and I'm thinking of getting my name tattooed in Tengwar, Black Speech, same font as The One Ring.

      The reason I post here, is to get someone with expert knowledge to help me with this, so the tattoo is written 100% correctly.

      My name is in Norwegian, here is a guide in how to pronounce it correctly:

      Geir: "G" as in "got". "e" as in "hat". "i" as in "sit". "r" as in "red", but remember to roll it.
      (The "e" and the "i" is pronounced as a diphtong, but I couldn't find an English word with that diphthong).

      Ivar: "I" as in "sit". "v" as in "voice". "a" as in "arm". "r" as in "red", but remember to roll it.

      Rognan: "R" as in "red", but remember to roll it. "o" as in "saw". "g" as in "sing". "n" as in "no". "a" as in "arm". "n" as in "no".

      I don't know if the pronounciation will affect what the Tengwar shoud look like.

      Please reply to this mail directly to geirivar@..., as I don't subscribe to this maling-list. If someone could make out the design and send me a picture of it, I would be very grateful. (A circular design would be great).

      Thanks in advance,
      Geir Ivar Rognan
    • crazy_4_jeff_hardy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2002
        Hi. My name is Jesica, and I'm thinking of getting my name tattooed
        in Tengwar, prefferably the same as the way the nine of the
        Fellowship have their tattoos that say "Nine".

        The reason I joined, is to get someone with expert knowledge to help
        me with this, so the tattoo is written 100% correctly, and because I
        want to learn more about this and the languages, seeing as Legolas is
        my favorite out of the books.

        Please e-mail me at Crazy_4_Jeff_Hardy@... if you can help.
        Thanks in advance for the help!! :)

        Jessica
      • Abrigon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2002
          J can be written either with a letter of it's own, or one for GH.
          I expect you want the form where the diacritical marks are above the
          letter that preceeds the vowel? Not sure if double SS is a letter is
          some Tengwar, but it exists. "C" is often written with a K or maybe
          Q character.

          Best of luck.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 19, 2002
            teithant crazy_4_jeff_hardy

            > Hi. My name is Jesica, and I'm thinking of getting
            > my name tattooed
            > in Tengwar, prefferably the same as the way the nine
            > of the
            > Fellowship have their tattoos that say "Nine".

            * study tengwar, give us your attempt, and we will
            correct it :)))