  • kris smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
      hey,
      like i said i am new but i found a download of the fonts of your
      language, now i i wish i new was how to use it to wirte with. if
      there is anyway i cold learn the basics of the language, like how to
      conjugate and punctuate and so on, that would be great.
    • Calwen Rudh
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2003
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "kris smith" <kris_14_d@y...> wrote:
        > hey,
        > like i said i am new but i found a download of the fonts of your
        > language, now i i wish i new was how to use it to wirte with. if
        > there is anyway i cold learn the basics of the language, like how
        > conjugate and punctuate and so on, that would be great.

        Go to FAQ of this group or of Elfling group or to FAQ on Elvish.org
        and look for some net pages on your own. Since the material we have
        is scarse and there is no complete (summary of) grammar given by
        prof. Tolkien himself, you may find that various materials/info on
        net differ from each other e.g. in pronouns.

        The main www pages are:
        www.ardalambion.com
        www.councilofelrond.com
        www.elvish.org/gwaith

        There is enough material there to start 'studying' the language. Of
        course, you should have the published books (not explicitly all of
        them) :o) You should know that you expected first of all to search on
        your own and try hard to find answers on your questions yourself.

        Le suilannon,