[elfscript] New Member

  • Marco Vega
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2001
      Hi to all members!,

      I'm a new member.

      I have interested in the writing'ssystems of Middle-Earth, particularly to the tengwars, some years ago, then for lack of time I have had to stop.

      I have also developed a mode to write Italian (that I have used for copy to an examination without suspects; -))

      In 1995 after I have seen a program of Måns Björkman (Tengwar Generator) I made a similar program in C.
      It allows to "translate" from Roman letters to Tengwar and viceversa in 4 languages :
      Italian; quenya; sindarin (tetha mode and beleriand mode) and black speech.
      The program is configurabile: you can specify the variations that languages have had during the history that had also influenced the way to write

      Bye and plz forgive me for my bad English.

      Marco
    • desde2k1
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2002
        Yeah.... I just joined, mainly becuase I wanted to learn Elvish, and
        I figured I could get advice here, sort of like a study group. Like
        my German, Japanese, and English classes have!!!
        Well, any language advice would be helpful, thanks!! :)
        ~A.
      • Harri Perälä
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2002
          desde2k1 wrote:

          > Yeah.... I just joined, mainly becuase I wanted to learn Elvish, and
          > I figured I could get advice here,

          If your primary interest is in the languages, the Elfling list
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/elfling/> will suit your needs better. We
          only discuss the writing systems here. Welcome to Elfscript, in any case
          :)

          --
          Harri Perälä perala@... http://www.sci.fi/%7ealboin/
        • avelyn_hart
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
            Hi everyone!

            Just thought I'd introduce myself briefly: I'm a highschool senior
            (with perhaps a little too much time on my hands) and I've recently
            become intrigued by the writing systems of Tolkien. With the coming
            out of the first LOTR movie I began reading the books, and liked them
            very much, and I've spent the last couple weeks teaching myself to
            transcribe English into the Elvish letters. I joined this list
            obviously to glean what I can from the knowledge of others, and so I
            can have some people to bug with a question if I get one.

            P.S. What a great way to drive my siblings crazy, this
            speaking/writing in Elvish!