Re: Font error in PDF formatting

  • gildir_2
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Karyn Traphagen" <karyn@b...>
      wrote:

      > Acrobat Distiller is returning an error that says:
      > %%[ Warning: TengwarParmaite cannot be embedded because of
      > licensing restrictions.]%%
      > %%[ Font vendor (Macromedia) does not permit this font to be
      > embedded in PDF.]%%

      Some fonts don't allow inclusion. I have a vauge memory of this
      problem fron the time I made the tengwar guides
      (http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html).

      It is, of course, necessary to include all fonts in a PDF file,
      otherwise the result will be unreadable to anyone who does not have
      all the used fonts installed.

      If I remember correctly, Måns Björkman and Dan Smith made new
      versions of their fonts that allow inclusion, and I beleive that they
      have replaced their published fonts with the new versions.

      Have you tried to download the latest font versions? Did it help?

      Meneg suilaid o Mellonath Daeron!
      Gildir, Per Lindberg