Re: Óre versus rómen

  • gildir_2
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4 6:04 AM
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Calwen Rudh" <calwen.rudh@s...>
      wrote:

      > I got this question: in KLIII, words _Perhael_ and _Iorhael_
      > are written differently, _Perhael_ with óre, _Iorhael_ with
      > rómen: why? Is this a typo of Tolkien? And if so, which one
      > of these is correct?

      If my memory is correct, there are *very* few ocurrances where
      R is written with óre medially. So my guess is that this is a
      mistake. (Unless some very esotheric rule is in effect... :-)

      As for compound words, I beleive that we don't have any
      examples, so it's anybody's guess. If a general rule is
      to be formulated, I'd say keep it simple and use óre only
      finally.

      Suilaid o Mellonath Daeron,
      Gildir, Per Lindberg