Anyone from India??

  • kedarnath_r@rediffmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2001
      Hi Kedar here!!
      I would like to know if anybody here is from India or knows any elfscipt
      enthusiast from India,because I think that the grammar of the elven
      language is quite akin to some of those in India.
      Of course I am from India.

      Kedar.
    • tangentvector@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2001
        --- In elfscript@y..., kedarnath_r@r... wrote:
        > Hi Kedar here!!
        > I would like to know if anybody here is from India or knows any
        elfscipt
        > enthusiast from India,because I think that the grammar of the elven
        > language is quite akin to some of those in India.
        > Of course I am from India.
        >
        > Kedar.

        Actually, Tolkien himself wrote that the Elven languages were heavily
        European... which is true. The grammar of the Elven languages is
        heavily European.
      • Abrigon
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001
          But I believe the professor did some work on Indo-European, which is
          related to Indo-Iran, and Indo-Aryan (old terms)..

          Basically the lingos of India and Iran and yes Afghanistan (Farsi,
          Hindi, Urdu and others). So the speaker of Hindi or a related lingo
          could see some relavence in the lingos of Middle Earth. Brat (word for
          annoying child), comes from India I believe, meaning Brother - Braht
          (sp).

          Mike