Re: Thanx Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Lola Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2001
      --- In elfscript@y..., kedarnath_r@r... wrote:

      > Often in TLOR Tolkien uses words
      > like "nigh" , "ere" , "anon" .These words
      > I think were used in the Old English but
      > I am not sure of their meaning.!
      > Can anyone comment on this????

      You can also look these word up in a dictionary. A good dictionary
      will often have information on the background of certain words. I
      would recommend Webster or Oxford. Get one that is on a college level
      - the definitions are more detailed. Whenever I come across an
      unfamiliar word, I make it a practice to look it up in a dictionary.
      You'll find that it can be your best friend!

      Lola