Re: My little poem in Tengwar

  • laurifindil
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Calwen Rudh" <calwen.rudh@s...>
      wrote:
      > Suilad mellyn,

      <snip>

      > Le hannon a le aníron arad lín a ind lín pen-foen.

      Just a reminder.

      What has been published about the Sindarin language (e.g. the one made
      up by Tolkien) is insufficient to be able to speak, write or translate
      it.
      So beware. If you have taught yourself (Neo-)Sindarin from the Net,
      this not *not* Sindarin of Tolkien, but a Mish-mash language made by
      many cooks at one time who most of the time pretend to be Tolkien in
      disguise.

      This situation will change only when the Sindarin's grammar written by
      Tolkien will be published, and today it is not the case.
    • Calwen Rudh
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        > > Le hannon a le aníron arad lín a ind lín pen-foen.
        >
        > Just a reminder.
        >
        > What has been published about the Sindarin language (e.g. the one
        made
        > up by Tolkien) is insufficient to be able to speak, write or
        translate
        > it.
        > So beware. If you have taught yourself (Neo-)Sindarin from the Net,
        > this not *not* Sindarin of Tolkien, but a Mish-mash language made
        by
        > many cooks at one time who most of the time pretend to be Tolkien
        in
        > disguise.
        >
        > This situation will change only when the Sindarin's grammar written
        by
        > Tolkien will be published, and today it is not the case.

        Okay, thanks. I'll skip my attempts of Sindarin of such kind in the
        future.