My little poem in Tengwar

  • Calwen Rudh
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      Suilad mellyn,
      I wrote a little poem and tried to transcribe it in Tengwar. It's in
      Sindarin, tehta mode. I would be very happy if you send me your
      comments and advices:

      sweb.cz/calwen.rudh/randir.html

      As I indicated before I don't think that tehta mode for Sindarin
      doesn't use calmatéma. That is the reason why I used it (and I would
      have used quessetéma if there was a word including a tengwa of it) in
      this attempt.

      Incidentally, there are no diphthongs, so next time :)).

      Le hannon a le aníron arad lín a ind lín pen-foen.
      Lucy
    • laurifindil
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Calwen Rudh" <calwen.rudh@s...>
        wrote:
        > Suilad mellyn,

        <snip>

        > Le hannon a le aníron arad lín a ind lín pen-foen.

        Just a reminder.

        What has been published about the Sindarin language (e.g. the one made
        up by Tolkien) is insufficient to be able to speak, write or translate
        it.
        So beware. If you have taught yourself (Neo-)Sindarin from the Net,
        this not *not* Sindarin of Tolkien, but a Mish-mash language made by
        many cooks at one time who most of the time pretend to be Tolkien in
        disguise.

        This situation will change only when the Sindarin's grammar written by
        Tolkien will be published, and today it is not the case.
      • Calwen Rudh
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
          > > Le hannon a le aníron arad lín a ind lín pen-foen.
          >
          > Just a reminder.
          >
          > What has been published about the Sindarin language (e.g. the one
          made
          > up by Tolkien) is insufficient to be able to speak, write or
          translate
          > it.
          > So beware. If you have taught yourself (Neo-)Sindarin from the Net,
          > this not *not* Sindarin of Tolkien, but a Mish-mash language made
          by
          > many cooks at one time who most of the time pretend to be Tolkien
          in
          > disguise.
          >
          > This situation will change only when the Sindarin's grammar written
          by
          > Tolkien will be published, and today it is not the case.

          Okay, thanks. I'll skip my attempts of Sindarin of such kind in the
          future.