Re: Ómatehtar & Sindarin again

  • gildir_2
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
      Calwen Rudh wrote:

      > Oh, I'm saved, I can use ómatehtar for Sindarin! J
      > But still I have some unanswered questions. [...]

      Perhaps our guide for Sindarin answers some of them?

      http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html

      Suilaid!
      Gildir, Per Lindberg
    • Calwen Rudh
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "gildir_2" <gildir_2@y...> wrote:
        > Calwen Rudh wrote:
        >
        > > Oh, I'm saved, I can use ómatehtar for Sindarin! J
        > > But still I have some unanswered questions. [...]
        >
        > Perhaps our guide for Sindarin answers some of them?
        >
        > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
        >
        > Suilaid!
        > Gildir, Per Lindberg

        Thanks a lot but I have this one and although I find it very nice,
        the tehta mode presented there is based on the KL, as I wrote,
        denying the use of calmatéma which I don't agree with. I think that
        in a tehta mode, both calmatéma and quessetéma could have been used.
        Your overview is counting only with quessetéma as seen in the KL.

        I am still wavering about the diphthongs. Some of you advanced say
        they are treated as two separate vowels in Tengwar but I have a
        different feeling. I think that the diphthongs of KL III are used
        also in the tehta mode for Sindarin, BMVHO it could be an interstage
        between tehta mode of the First Age (or Second Age) - i.e. diphthong
        is transcribed separately - and full writing mode. But it is just a
        foolish idea.

        But you're nice, thanks again.
        Suilad, Lucy