[elfscript] Re: Why is ómatehtar Sindarin 'inconvenient'?

  • Arden R. Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
      B. P. Jonsson wrote:

      >I think this is correct, although according to my aesthetic
      >impulses a lot of final short carriers **is** ugly!

      I agree, and for me they need not be *final* short carriers. Short
      words consisting of nothing but carriers and tehtar are the worst,
      especially if you get several close together. I did a calligraphic
      version of the Lord's Prayer in Quenya for a tutorial on the tengwar
      at this year's Mythcon, and the phrase "i ea han ea" in the first
      line is not aesthetically pleasing to me at all.

      Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

      Perilme metto aimaktur perperienta.
      --Elvish proverb