Re: [elfscript] Hi! New Man in Middle-Earth

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2001
      > Hi,
      > Kedar here!
      > I want to learn the Tengwar and speak in it but I am
      > not able to find
      > a suitable site for it.
      > Can anybody help me out with it?

      Mae govannen, Cedar!
      there are some sites that can help you master the
      Tengwar but first of all you must study the Appendix E
      to the LOTR :) If you have the unappendiced version we
      can offer you some help...

      till then I propose those sites:

      http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/tengwar/index.htm
      Some info on the various tengwar modes and fonts to
      download.

      http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at
      About the Sarati, English Tengwar, calligraphy rules
      and other trivia.

      http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
      Maybe the best you can find. Detailed info on Quenya
      and Sindarin modes with exercises.

      http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/pdf/history_of_writing.pdf
      A historical analysis of the Tengwar. I wrote it :)
      Its a somehow old version, I can send you the latest
      version with examples if you want.

      http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html
      A pdf file with trivia on the writing systems that
      Tolkien used and invented.

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • David Nowakowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 23, 2001
        >I want to learn the Tengwar and speak in it but I am not able to find
        >a suitable site for it.
        > Can anybody help me out with it?

        I would begin of course with the appendix to LotR, and then check out these
        links:

        http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/
        http://haldailin.angasule.cjb.net/
        http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/index.html

        You mention being able to "speak in" the Tengwar. The Tengwar is just a
        writing system which can be used in various modes for English and other
        real-world languages, as well as for Tolkien's Quenya and others. If you
        are interested in Tolkien's languages, then check out
        http://www.uib.no/people/hnohf/

        I hope some of these are of help to you.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 15, 2001
          As well as the Elfling email list.

          For the list of the messages.

          Mike