certhas.. but why daeron?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2001
      I am making some updates in Quenta Eldatencelion :) I
      am planning to put examples for each mode... doing
      that, I realised that Certhas Daeron was used for Old
      Sindarin (Helge first suggested it in his article and
      I seem to agree). As you see the oldest cirth that
      Tolkien gave in Appendix E are clean sounds, the only
      sounds that OS has. The cirth for umlauted sounds must
      be invented at the Sindarin period.

      But then I ask: some say that the Certhas based on the
      tengwar!! if yes then it couldnt be used for OS since
      the Noldor came after the OS period. if it was indeed
      used for OS then it was an indigenous system, invented
      before the coming of the Noldor, but then how can we
      explain the similarities between those systems?

      I also want to ask: the older Certhas is called
      Certhas Daeron. But the Certhas was invented by the
      Sindar. Much later Daeron made an extended alphabet
      known as Angerthas Daeron. So why that old version is
      called certhas DAERON? :)

      if there was an evolution of the type certhas >
      certhas daeron > angerthas daeron I would like to ask
      if anybody knows which were the exact alterations
      between certhas and certhas daeron??

      sorry for the long mail, and thank you for the help!

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/