Re: [elfscript] Istan pole!

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 5 9:37 AM
      Carl F. Hostetter scripsit:

      > It is entirely up to Helge to end this, either by dropping it or by
      > responding honestly and thoughtfully to the scholarly issue(s) under
      > discussion, in a manner devoid of mockery, distortions and attacks.

      "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." Either one of you can
      drop this, and both of you should. If you won't, you won't, but it is
      false to claim that "it is entirely up to Helge", as if your postings
      (but not his) were *truly* a matter of conditioned reflex rather than
      a choice for which you stand responsible.

      --
      "No, John. I want formats that are actually John Cowan
      useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 5 9:58 AM
        This is not "an eye for an eye", John; that you think it is shows how
        little attention you've paid to the discussion. It is fallacious claim
        versus correction, which is a very, very different thing.

        I have repeatedly "dropped" this; every time I correct Helge's
        distortions and fallacies, the matter is dropped, so far as I am
        concerned. It is dropped right now, in fact.

        But then Helge comes along an picks it up again, with a new and
        increasingly desperate round of distortions and fallacies, which as I
        have said before I will not allow to go uncorrected when they concern
        me or my colleagues. Period.

        So once again: the matter _is_ dropped, right now; unless Helge picks
        it up again.