Carl versus Helge

  • Calwen Rudh
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
      Guys,
      this topic reminds me of something we all know: Elrond's Council. You
      two keep warming the ring ...

      I understand Carl's defending and Helge's ready answers. The only
      good thing of this is that non native English speakers can learn more
      English which is obviously not the point and the goal and the matter
      of this group. You both have your own opinion and truth, we all know
      them thanks to your long-distance posts and replies. Please, be so
      kind to us, pure students, and rid us of it.

      Thank you. Lucy

      P.S. You can say I am a sucker but I didn't sign in for reading this
      kind of stuff and I think either did the others.
    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
        On Sep 4, 2003, at 8:47 AM, Calwen Rudh wrote:

        > P.S. You can say I am a sucker

        I don't think you're a "sucker" at all. But I do think you're
        overlooking a fundamental point, as evidenced by your addressing your
        appeal to "Guy_s_": This whole thread on this list, indeed this whole
        _type_ of thread on _any_ list, would not exist were it not for
        _Helge's_ inability to avoid knee-jerk attacks whenever he sees my
        name, or even just his inability to read thoughtfully and write
        truthfully when he does respond to something I write. It is _entirely_
        within _his_ power to end this sort of thing, now and forever. And it
        is _only_ within _his_ power (as I am not about to stop participating
        in public lists simply because I know that Helge will take every such
        opportunity to bash me, nor am I going to let his falsehoods pass
        uncorrected).

        > I didn't sign in for reading this kind of stuff and I think either did
        > the others.

        That goes without saying.