Re: Need Guidance - Quenya Name Translation

  • lierontaure
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "laurifindil" <ejk@f...> wrote:
      > Sorry to disappoint you. The lpseparma site is a Mish-mash
      site.

      > The information presented on it have been INVENTED by its
      author,
      > *not* Tolkien.

      Don't worry, you're not disappointing me. :-) I know this is true
      for some of the info there. There are many words that were
      never attested by Tolkien, but I don't think this means that the
      words don't exist. I find this "Mish-mash", as you call it, to be
      very well thought out and logical...using Tolkien's attested words
      as guidance.

      IMHO
      E.L. :-)
    • Kara McCurlie
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        Thanks for the response! I just got the internet working on my PC, and I have the fonts in it already. I didn't think I'd be able to use it for a while, and that's why I was so stressed about getting the fonts. Thanks for the offer of sending them to me anyways!

        Kara

        Chris Ruzin <chris@...> wrote:
        I'm also on a Mac, but I have Tengwar Sindarin, Quenya (and its
        sub-fonts), Noldor (and its sub-fonts), Cursive and Parmaite all
        working fine. You know you can download a TrueType font, even if it's
        noted it's for use with PCs and use it in OS X.

        I do all of my transcripting in TextEdit. If you need the fonts, let
        me know, and I'll send them to you.

        Chris

        --
        Chris Ruzin