Re: tattoo idea?!

  • Patrick H. Wynne
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lisacacil" <lisacacil@y...> wrote:

      > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing but i'm not
      > sure what it should say. i dunno if i want a small quote...but
      > because some of the vowels are just small symbols, large words
      > tend to show up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good
      > idea for what it should say?

      How about, "My parents went to the Undying Lands, and all I got was
      this stupid tattoo"?

      -- Patrick H. Wynne
    • lothlinnen
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
        These web pages have Elven Phrases, perhaps you will find one that
        you like?

        http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

        http://balder.prohosting.com/jjck25/lotr/bookphrases.htm

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lisacacil" <lisacacil@y...> wrote:
        > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing but i'm not
        sure
        > what it should say. i dunno if i want a small quote...but because
        > some of the vowels are just small symbols, large words tend to
        show
        > up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good idea for what it
        > should say?
      • lierontaure
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lothlinnen" <threedears@y...>
          wrote:
          > http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

          Beware! I wouldn't recommend that one! That is not Tolkien's
          "Elvish". This is what is known as "Grelvish", which is a
          contraction for Grey Company Elvish. They are a RPG I think.
          The language was originally based on a mixture of Quenya and
          Sindarin (though often grammatically incorrect), and then it just
          strayed even further from there.

          E.L.