Re: [elfscript] tattoo idea?!

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
      teithant lisacacil

      > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing
      > but i'm not sure
      > what it should say. i dunno if i want a small
      > quote...but because
      > some of the vowels are just small symbols, large
      > words tend to show
      > up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good idea
      > for what it
      > should say?

      how about 'this is made for you to think it really
      says something'? :P

      i hope http://gildor.freepage.gr/tolkien/realteng/
      will give you some ideas.. make sure you also go to
      the guide i have there

    • Patrick H. Wynne
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lisacacil" <lisacacil@y...> wrote:

        > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing but i'm not
        > sure what it should say. i dunno if i want a small quote...but
        > because some of the vowels are just small symbols, large words
        > tend to show up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good
        > idea for what it should say?

        How about, "My parents went to the Undying Lands, and all I got was
        this stupid tattoo"?

        -- Patrick H. Wynne
      • lothlinnen
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
          These web pages have Elven Phrases, perhaps you will find one that
          you like?

          http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

          http://balder.prohosting.com/jjck25/lotr/bookphrases.htm

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lisacacil" <lisacacil@y...> wrote:
          > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing but i'm not
          sure
          > what it should say. i dunno if i want a small quote...but because
          > some of the vowels are just small symbols, large words tend to
          show
          > up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good idea for what it
          > should say?
        • lierontaure
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lothlinnen" <threedears@y...>
            wrote:
            > http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

            Beware! I wouldn't recommend that one! That is not Tolkien's
            "Elvish". This is what is known as "Grelvish", which is a
            contraction for Grey Company Elvish. They are a RPG I think.
            The language was originally based on a mixture of Quenya and
            Sindarin (though often grammatically incorrect), and then it just
            strayed even further from there.

            E.L.