tattoo idea?!

  • lisacacil
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
      I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing but i'm not sure
      what it should say. i dunno if i want a small quote...but because
      some of the vowels are just small symbols, large words tend to show
      up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good idea for what it
      should say?
    • @nthony De La Rosa
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
        What about "spiritual one".

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
          teithant lisacacil

          > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing
          > but i'm not sure
          > what it should say. i dunno if i want a small
          > quote...but because
          > some of the vowels are just small symbols, large
          > words tend to show
          > up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good idea
          > for what it
          > should say?

          how about 'this is made for you to think it really
          says something'? :P

          i hope http://gildor.freepage.gr/tolkien/realteng/
          will give you some ideas.. make sure you also go to
          the guide i have there

        • Patrick H. Wynne
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lisacacil" <lisacacil@y...> wrote:

            > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing but i'm not
            > sure what it should say. i dunno if i want a small quote...but
            > because some of the vowels are just small symbols, large words
            > tend to show up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good
            > idea for what it should say?

            How about, "My parents went to the Undying Lands, and all I got was
            this stupid tattoo"?

            -- Patrick H. Wynne
          • lothlinnen
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
              These web pages have Elven Phrases, perhaps you will find one that
              you like?

              http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

              http://balder.prohosting.com/jjck25/lotr/bookphrases.htm

              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lisacacil" <lisacacil@y...> wrote:
              > I wanna get a tattoo in the tengwar cursive writing but i'm not
              sure
              > what it should say. i dunno if i want a small quote...but because
              > some of the vowels are just small symbols, large words tend to
              show
              > up pretty short. Somebody wanna give me a good idea for what it
              > should say?
            • lierontaure
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "lothlinnen" <threedears@y...>
                wrote:
                > http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

                Beware! I wouldn't recommend that one! That is not Tolkien's
                "Elvish". This is what is known as "Grelvish", which is a
                contraction for Grey Company Elvish. They are a RPG I think.
                The language was originally based on a mixture of Quenya and
                Sindarin (though often grammatically incorrect), and then it just
                strayed even further from there.

                E.L.