Re: [elfscript] Re: Name Transcription Into Sindarin

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 22, 2003
      teithant chris_jacobs_freeler_nl

      > Is the LOTR translated in french?

      of course :)

      > If yes, which modes are used in there?

      the ones Tolkien used in the English version.. only
      the text is translated, not the tengwar :) do you
      imagine each translator having to learn tengwar and
      use them for his own language?

    • chris_jacobs_freeler_nl
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 22, 2003
        > > If yes, which modes are used in there?
        >
        > the ones Tolkien used in the English version.. only
        > the text is translated, not the tengwar :) do you
        > imagine each translator having to learn tengwar and
        > use them for his own language?

        No, I just imagine that Jean Pierre looks in the french LOTR what
        modes are used there and uses one of those to transcribe his name.
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 22, 2003
          teithant chris_jacobs_freeler_nl

          > No, I just imagine that Jean Pierre looks in the
          > french LOTR what
          > modes are used there and uses one of those to
          > transcribe his name.

          oops sorry.. i misinterpreted what you said

          really, according to the way i (mis)understood it,
          your concept would be really silly, and i am sorry for
          thinking you would say such a silly thing... but then
          again, we all have heard many silly things around here :)