Galadriel (movie) quote in Tengwar Pamaite

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2003
      Thankyou for your help friends, I'm not sure that Galadriel said the
      words in the book - but it worked beautifully in the film.

      I've downloaded my proposal for the phrase to the 'Files' section
      (Galadriel.htm) - can anyone spot problems with it - or suggest if
      accents or 'umlauts' need to be added anywhere?

      Regards,

      Chris
    • elimloth
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <bedfordfallsuk@y...>
        wrote:

        > I've downloaded my proposal for the phrase to the 'Files' section
        > (Galadriel.htm) - can anyone spot problems with it - or suggest if
        > accents or 'umlauts' need to be added anywhere?

        Oh dear. You just took one of the Dan Smith encoded fonts then typed
        in "I amar prestar..." which generates total gibberish. Don't even
        think of needling in that stuff onto your skin before understanding
        how to write using the Tengwar.

        To learn how to write with the Tengwar ala penmanship, go to the
        following links:
        http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/tengwar.htm (mainly tengwar for
        English transcription)
        http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
        http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/tengwar/index.htm
        http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm

        If you want to have a machine do the transcription for you, try the
        following links:
        WEB based transcriber: http://mimas.ceti.pl/tengwar/ott/english.php
        YATT: http://www.jadro.cz/tengwar/index.php
        TengScribe: http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/tengscribe.htm

        Elimloth
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
          teithant Chris

          > I've downloaded my proposal for the phrase to the

          the term is 'uploaded' :)
          when you receive something, you download, when you
          send, you upload

          > 'Files' section
          > (Galadriel.htm) - can anyone spot problems with it -
          > or suggest if
          > accents or 'umlauts' need to be added anywhere?

          not right at all :( some understanding of how fonts
          and tengwar work is needed... please consult http://gildor.freepage.gr/tolkien/realteng/guide.html

        • elimloth
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
            Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
            [...]
            > not right at all :( some understanding of how fonts
            > and tengwar work is needed... please consult
            http://gildor.freepage.gr/tolkien/realteng/guide.html

            I'll add that reference to my list.
            Elimloth