An introduction to Tengwar fonts

  • Harri Perälä
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2001
      It seems that quite many people would like to create simple Tengwar
      inscriptions with a font, even though they haven't studied the script
      itself. I've been thinking it might be nice to have a single web page
      that gives an overview of the possibilities and problems, so that people
      with some very basic questions could be pointed to that document.

      Here is my attempt to create such a text:

      Writing With Elvish Fonts
      http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm

      (The title is deliberately vague, because that hopefully helps those who
      don't remember specific terms like "tengwar" to find it more easily.)

      The guide, or tutorial, or whatever it should be called, certainly has
      no new information that would interest the readers of this list, but I
      would welcome any feedback from you.

      --
      Harri Perälä perala@... http://www.sci.fi/%7ealboin/