...more

  • Rob Kraut
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hey...

      I wasn't too clear in my last email. I'd like to start with Quenya, since
      from what I understand, Sindarin is based in it.

      If I'm wrong, or misinformed...please let me know. And I still need to find
      a good place to start.

      Thanks!

      -=rob=-

      I asked if perhaps she would sit down for tea...
      "Nein" was the cold reply from Frau Ecstasy.
      -- Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
        teithant Rob Kraut

        > I wasn't too clear in my last email. I'd like to
        > start with Quenya, since
        > from what I understand, Sindarin is based in it.
        >
        > If I'm wrong, or misinformed...please let me know.
        > And I still need to find
        > a good place to start.

        no, they are two separate languages

        Sindarin's predecessor was Old Sindarin (or Archaic
        Sindarin) that had many common words with Quenya,..
        the point is that Sindarin evolved further, while
        Quenya although had its own changes, evolved slowly